CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

This is a story about my bicycle.

It was adopted on October 12th after me and three friends slept over at the Logan DI grand opening (a DI grand opening only happens once in a life-time). At nine o'clock on a Thursday morning, after a restless night.... in a tent....on cement, it was time for the opening ceremonies. The ribbon was cut, the doors were opened and the mass of eager customers who gathered in front of the doors in the morning hours previous to the ribbon cutting rushed in the store. The first thing I did? I scurried to the back of the store where I could see the sports equipment was located. I was looking for one thing and one thing only. A bike. On the rack of two-wheeled vehicles I saw a pretty great looking curvy-handle-barred, skinny- tired, pink bicycle.

And that's when I knew.

The adoption papers were signed right away (aka: the debit card receipt at the check stand) and ever since the Caliente Schwinn has been my most prized possesion. And lucky for me it's April 2nd... you know....warm weather time.....bicycle season.

Queen says it best. Here's to you Caliente Schwinn:

I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like

5 comments:

Anne W said...

I need one.

FHS 05 said...

you don't know how to ride a bike, silly.

Jen said...

Wendy, you are so hilarious. You made me laugh so hard. Chris and I love you! Thanks for making me smile when I was having a bad day! Be careful on that bike. She looks like she can go pretty fast.

Anne W said...

Sorry, I meant a tricycle.

Stephanie said...

You are the best...ride, girl, ride